Wisteria is located in Meigs County between Pageville and Harrisonville in Southern Ohio. Wisteria is about 18 miles south of Athens. Wisteria is in the center of a triangle of roads, State Rt. 143, State Rt. 684, and Old Ohio 692. The Wisteria campground entrance is on State Rt. 684, about halfway between 143 and 692.
If you have GPS or a GPS-enabled Smartphone, you can use the following address (click for Google Maps):39825 State Route 684
Pomeroy, OH 45769
From Athens, Ohio
- Take 50/32 West out of Athens toward Albany
- After passing the Marathon station in Albany, take the exit for State Rt. 681
- Turn Right on OH-681 and go 5.4 mi
- Continue straight for 0.9 mi toward Pageville.
- Continue on New Lima Rd / OH 684 for 1.0 mi, past the cemetery on the left.
- Wisteria is on the right
Airline and Bus Travel
If arriving by bus or airline, make sure to have someone available to pick you up in Athens, OH and take you to Wisteria. Ask around!
Local Bus Travel
GoBus (888-954-6287, http://www.ridegobus.com/) offers routes between Athens and nearby cities. GoBus is affordable, easy to use, environmentally friendly, and a great way to travel. Rides are $10 one way. As of 2015, GoBus offers the following routes:
- Athens – Columbus, with stops in Athens (two locations), Nelsonville, Logan, Lancaster, and Columbus (Greyhound Station and Port Columbus Airport)
- Athens – Cincinnati, with stops in Jackson, Piketon, Peebles, Winchester/Seaman, Mt. Orab, and Batavia
- Athens – Marietta, with stops in Coolville and Parkersburg, WV
Buses make two round trips daily, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
National Bus Travel
From other areas, you can take a Greyhound bus (https://www.greyhound.com) to Columbus, and ride GoBus from Columbus to Athens.
Port Columbus International Airport (CMH) is the most convenient large airport close to Wisteria. From Columbus, you can ride with friends, rent a car, or take the GoBus (888-954-6287, http://www.ridegobus.com/), which offers $10 rides from Columbus International Airport to Athens.